Sunday 6 August 2023

Europe 2023 4th August Day 1 - In the Air

So after that C word event that caused chaos everywhere and the cancellation of of 2020 overseas excursion, it was finally time to get back again. Jane had already left last Saturday so she could attend the Birmingham Festival of Quilts , a long time desire for her, but I'm afraid not something that overly excited me, so we decided I meet her there at the end of the convention and then commence our travels.
First stop after checking in was the Krisflyer lounge and a glass of Mumm to kick off the adventure with a few lovely nibbles for a light lunch. Boarding a couple of hours later was extremely efficient as expected from Singapore Airlines  and I was quickly seated in 56A, window seat A350/900. Bugger didn't check this out properly beforehand as it was in the middle of the wing so won't be seeing much.
It was an uneventful 8 hour flight in which I elected not to sleep this leg to hopefully help with jet lag later. Seemed to get fed a lot and must say the couple glasses of wine were not bad. Got into Changi airport on time which left a couple of hours between flights, so went to the Krisflyer lounge again and had a beer, freshen up and relax.
 It was a 11.55pm takeoff next to London and this time I had booked Premium Economy for the first time. At check-in as I handed my boarding pass in the lady asked if I would mind changing my seat?? With my luck I immediately thought the worse but no she walked me all the way into plan and let me choose, 31K window right at the front with extra legroom, bonus!!
Flight was good, more food and a glass of wine and time for sleep which would have been around 3am Brisbane time.
Was a relatively good sleep for about 8 hours and the choice of seat in Premium Economy is worth it in my book. Just wish I could afford Business class 😂. The window view was good with a lovely sunrise and before you knew it the 14 hours were nearly over. Scrambled egg and sausage for breakfast and it was time to disembark and make my way through Heathrow. 5.45 am London time, Saturday 5th August.
excellent leg roomi think was Nessebar, Bulgaria

No comments:

Post a Comment